What’s Discover about?
Discover is a short day workshop designed to introduce you to the concept and techniques of EFL, and to enable you to experience some of its profound benefits.
You will be guided through mindful and self-reflective exercises, learn to connect with the information of your body and emotions and experiment with your insights. Then, you will have an opportunity to explore your discoveries in an individual experience with one of the horses.
Horses are highly social herd animals, intimately connected to their immediate environment. In the wild they are alert to danger and so are highly sensitive to emotional cues from other members of the herd. When you enter their space, in the context of the workshop, they interact with you in that moment and can help you to become aware of your true feelings. They connect with the real you, not the public mask that you may wear, and can help you to open a line of communication with your true self.
Discover how the horses as teachers approach can help you, or your clients, to raise self-esteem and confidence and increase social and communication skills.
- Are looking for a new way to develop self awareness
- Want to be able to express your feelings and emotions more authentically
- Would like to have more confidence in yourself and improve how you communicate and connect with others
- Are a therapist, coach or trainer and want to develop your own relationship skills
- Want to explore your relationship with horses (or your fear of them…)
- Want to find out more about the Horses as Teachers, Eponaquest or Medicine Horse Way approach of EFL
- Are wondering whether to commit to a private session or the 3-day ‘Connect’ workshop.
- Develop tools for communicating with your own ‘gut instinct’
- Learn how to interpret your emotions and feelings as ‘information’ – and make immediate improvements to your life
- Deepen your awareness of non-verbal communication
- Have the opportunity to connect with a horse and establish a mutually respectful relationship
- Discover how the horses as Teachers approach to Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL), could benefit you, your clients, or your team.
To book a place, or for more information, click the button below
What previous experience do you need for Discover?
There are no pre-requisites to attend DISCOVER and no previous experience of horses is necessary
There is a maximum of 5 participants per workshop. Please bring outdoor clothing and suitable footwear. No previous experience with horses required and no riding involved. If you need accommodation please get in touch.
Cost: £75 (£50 if paid a month in advance)
Time: 10am to 3:30pm
Venue: Brickyard Farm, Clutton BS395QJ
(2018) Fri 17th Aug, Fri 14th Sept, Fri 5th Oct, Fri 2nd Nov.